BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC effects included with BFX9 / GRF5, compatible with AE7?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mr. ArmstrongBCC effects included with BFX9 / GRF5, compatible with AE7?
by on Jan 30, 2007 at 7:04:25 pm

Is it possible to use the BCC & FEC filters that come with Boris FX 9 & in After Effects? I know that my AE plugins should run in the Boris products, but what about the other way around?

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: BCC effects included with BFX9 / GRF5, compatible with AE7?
by on Jan 31, 2007 at 5:04:38 pm

Hi,

The effects that ship with Graffiti, FX and RED will operate only within those hosts. Just like the native filters that ship with AE, the native filters that ship with Boris products cannot be used in any other host.

To use these filters within AE you will need to purchase Boris Continuum Complete.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Mr. ArmstrongRe: BCC effects included with BFX9 / GRF5, compatible with AE7?
by on Jan 31, 2007 at 6:37:26 pm

"Just like the native filters that ship with AE, the native filters that ship with Boris products cannot be used in any other host."

Well, as a matter of fact I use most of my native AE plugins in Premiere Pro 2.0. I just copied the .aex files to a AE Plugins folder in PPro. That led me to think that a dirty trick like that could work with other hosts or plugins, but now I know better. Thanks, Peter.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: BCC effects included with BFX9 / GRF5, compatible with AE7?
by on Jan 31, 2007 at 8:08:49 pm

I should have been more clear in my response and stated that the filters that ship with After Effects can't be used with another non-Adobe host, such as Combustion, FCP, Digital Fusion or the Boris product line. Thanks for pointing that out.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]