BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Graffiti V4 to V5 upgrade...do previous titles convert?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Beaty
Graffiti V4 to V5 upgrade...do previous titles convert?
on Jan 23, 2007 at 8:12:02 pm

I am contemplating updating to the latest Graffiti V5 for my Mac Pro and Final Cut Pro. I have many titles created in V4 on a G5 system. Of course they won't open on my Intel mac, and I need the update.

But will these titles all have to be recreated from scratch or will the upgrade allow them to open in the new plug in. They were created in Boris Graffiti Static Gen.

I had a bad experience updating Sythetic Aperature CF. None of the filter work I had applied to clips would work with the new plug in...the very reason I paid to update.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Graffiti V4 to V5 upgrade...do previous titles convert?
on Jan 24, 2007 at 6:26:35 pm

Hi,

Before I can answer your question I will need to know what the hardware configuration you are working with is. Are you using a PPC Mac or a MacIntel machine?

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Dave Beaty
on Jan 25, 2007 at 12:49:50 pm

Hi Peter, It's an Intel Mac. As a follow up, I emailed Boris tech support and they explained the transition from V4 to V5 universal. No, titles will not automatically open in the Graffiti. If you open a FCPro timeline with V4 titles, you get an error. (Because version 4 Graffiti will not work on the Intel Mac)

The work around is this: Open the timeline on your previous G5 Mac. Edit each title in V4 and save the title from within V4 Graffiti interface.

Move these to the new system. Open a timeline and create a new V5 title. Open the saved file from the hard drive or CD you created on the G5.

That should work, but if you have 200 titles in one time line....sorry charlie.

Dave Beaty

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jan 25, 2007 at 7:01:47 pm

Hi Dave,

We're investigating the issue and will see if there is anything, if at all possible, that we can do to come up with a better solution to this problem. I'm sure it will affect a lot of users.

Thanks for the prompt.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jan 25, 2007 at 7:43:03 pm

Hi Dave,

After an a little investigating I am of the opinion that the Graffiti 4 settings that were created in FCP should indeed migrate forward into Graffiti 5. All you need to do is to make sure that you select the Universal Binary option in the Graffiti 5 installer and you should be all set. If you have any trouble with this please feel free to contact me personally at peterm@borisfx.com.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]