Applying changes to all titles in timeline

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc
Applying changes to all titles in timeline
by
on Jan 23, 2007 at 7:50:49 pm

Hi all,

I think I saw a similar post a while back but I can't seem to find it anymore. Sorry if this has been covered before.

Is it possible to apply a change, say a color or a font change, to all titles in your NLE timeline. I have about 100 sub-titles on my graphics track (Media100) and I just want to be ready if the client comes in and says "It's perfect, except I now want it in yellow"

Thanks,

Marc

Return to posts index

Post Office Video
Re: Applying changes to all titles in timeline
on Jan 23, 2007 at 11:08:06 pm

Try this:

http://www.digital-heaven.co.uk/automotion/

Currently it only works in Motion- perhaps with the advent of FCP 5.1.2 they may also make an FCP version?

Chris Paul
POV

Return to posts index

Dave Beaty
on Jan 25, 2007 at 12:58:56 pm

I edited on Media 100 for many years before moving to FCPro a few years ago. AFAIK there is no way to change multiple graphics title clips at one time with Graffiti.

The only thing I can even think of, is since M100 uses stills rendered for realtime graphics when you hit "Apply" , it should be possible to set up an automatic batch in Photoshop to act on those realtime stills. If that worked, you could change the color ect, anything you could record as an action in Photoshop.

Animated graphics would be a whole other prob.

DB

Return to posts index

Marc
by
on Jan 25, 2007 at 3:34:25 pm

Thank you both for your time and insights.

Marc

Return to posts index

Mark Frazier
on Jan 25, 2007 at 5:29:52 pm

I've had to do similar changes, and the quickest (and I know it's not very quick) way I've found is to save the new font/color/etc. in the style pallet, and manually go in, select the text to change, and apply the new setting to the existing text. It's mindless and time-consuming, I know. That's why we bill our clients for changes like this.

Good luck, and let us know if you find a better way.

Mark

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jan 25, 2007 at 5:36:00 pm

Hi Marc,

I know it doesn't help you with your current situation where you have multiple subtitles on the graphics track that were generated with Graffiti, but in RED 4.1 we introduced a subtitle feature that will enable users to import .stl (EBU) generated subtitles which can be changed globally in one simple gesture. For example, you import the subtitle into the graphics track via RED 4.1 and then the client wants to change any style aspect of the title, say the font face or the color ... you change the style in the style palette and then reimport the .stl file and all of the reimported titles have the style change. You can download the demo version from our site to check it out and it'll work without a watermark for two weeks.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Marc
by
on Jan 25, 2007 at 6:41:52 pm

Thank you both for your suggestions;

Mark - That's pretty much the way I've been doing it. At least using the Style Palette the changes are consistent and no parameter gets forgotten the Nth time you apply the changes.

Peter - Sounds interesting but I generally get one big, badly translated MS word document I have to proofread, correct and cut up to match voice over text and timing. Already formatted sub-titles files . . . I can only wish.

Thanks,

Marc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]