BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

water spot on footage

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Whirlerwater spot on footage
by on Jan 17, 2007 at 8:00:06 pm

I recently did a chromakey shoot using a teleprompter, the kind with the beam splitting glass that the camera shoots through. I didn't notice it at the time, but there was a semi-transparent spot on the teleprompter glass and in post its obvious as hell as the actor's face moves in and out of the spot. Its the kind of spot you get on a glass when your dishwasher didnt do a good job.

Can Boris help with this? Is there another more appropriate software package?

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: water spot on footage
by on Jan 23, 2007 at 6:40:38 pm

Hi Rick,

That's a tough one - not something that would be easy to take care of in any package that I am aware of. I'm actually a little hesitant to offer any advice for removing the mark without first seeing at least one frame of the clip. If you would like to send me a frame then I can offer you my opinion on how best to approach the problem. It may be that you could get away with making a mask that would surround the water spot and them color correcting through the mask but if there is any distortion then you'll still see this, even after the color work. If there is distortion then you might have to clone out the spot on a frame by frame basis. Time consuming and tedious. And prone to errors that might look even worse than the water spot.

Please feel free to send me a single frame that shows the problem and I'll take a look. My email is

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved