BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

All sorts of luck with RED...Not!

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim LangstonAll sorts of luck with RED...Not!
by on Jan 8, 2007 at 5:50:49 pm

OK, I've had problems with the new 4.1 on my Mac Pro, and now I'm (still) having problems with 4.0 on my Mac G5 Quad machine. It seems that everytime I want to do a transition I have to reload 4.0. I get now control once I open it in the canvas window, there are no controls.

This has been an on going problem, I've followed the install to the "T" and still no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tim

Tim Langston
Cryin' Out Loud Productions
Fort Wayne, IN
http://www.colproductions.com

Return to posts index

Paul  FXRe: All sorts of luck with RED...Not!
by on Jan 8, 2007 at 7:08:17 pm

Tim, let me start by saying this. If you are using FCP v5.1.2, the RED transitions will not work and will not load into FCP. Apple changed a few things between v5.1.1 and v5.1.2 that caused RED's transitions not to work so, for this version of RED (v4.1) , we don't even install the transition plug in. The filters and the rest of RED 4.1 work fine though. Apple (not Boris FX) is aware of the transitions issue and is currently working to correct it. Can you send me an email at support@borisfx.com and describe any other problems you are having with RED 4.1?
thanks,
Paul

Return to posts index

Tim LangstonRe: All sorts of luck with RED...Not!
by on Jan 12, 2007 at 12:59:03 pm

Hi Paul, I did as you stated...sent an email to support. I did that on Monday and here it is Friday and I still have yet to hear anything.

I reloaded 4.0 on my Quad machine (for the 5th or 6th time) that's running FCP 5.1.1 and it's working, for how long I don't know. One thing that I did notice in the instructions of 4.0 was to uninstall all Boris Red 3.0, but then I thought I read somewhere that you need 3.0 on there so 4.0 can see the older versions effects and transitions.

Now on the Mac Pro, I tried using just filters on FCP 5.1.2 and it gives me the FCP unexpected quit. It did this in 5.1.1 also. Is there a compatablity issue with the X1900 video card....4 Gigs of Ram....Dual 3GHz Xeons......

Tim

Tim Langston
Cryin' Out Loud Productions
Fort Wayne, IN
http://www.colproductions.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]