BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC Motion Key...

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris_knows
BCC Motion Key...
on Jan 8, 2007 at 2:04:36 am

I just figured out how to use the BorisFX "motion key". I've searched, but can't seem to find a way to invert it. That is, take out the background and while keeping the moving object there, also adding a background. A bit hard to explain, but something like; there's a car going down a street, I want to take the car and put it in front of a different background.

BTW This is with Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0

Thanks for any help in advance.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: BCC Motion Key...
on Jan 8, 2007 at 7:26:10 pm

I understand the effect that you are trying to create (isolating a moving object and removing the background) and while this is not the problem that we were trying to solve with the Motion Key effect and therefore it is not an easy thing to do within the filter, it may be possible to achieve with some compositing tricks.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

chris_knows
on Jan 8, 2007 at 10:33:59 pm

I know it wasn't described for it, I guess it does sound kinda stupid now that I think back on it lol. I might try messing around with some settings and see what I can do. Thanks anyways though.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jan 9, 2007 at 3:06:37 pm

I think it's always good to experiment with the filters and try to use them in different ways - and in the case of the effect that you are trying to generate you might want to run the motion key, remove the foreground object, then duplicate the clip and composite the clip to which the motion key was applied in a difference mode over the unfiltered original. Then you can use this as the basis for a holdout matte that can be tweaked and refined and then used to isolate the foreground object and remove it from the background. Although this may seem like a lot of work, I'm sure it's a lot less work than rotoscoping. :)

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]