BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

High res pan & zoom

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DasRomasHigh res pan & zoom
by on Jan 5, 2007 at 3:19:53 pm

I have some old photos that I dropped into the Avid Media Composer timeline. I put the boris red 3.0 AFX 1.5 effect on the photo so I can zoom in close. I then hit apply and render through the Avid. However, the zoom in becomes blury. I did the same move in After Effects and the photo seemed to keep its full res.
Is there a setting I am missing? I would like to save the extra steps and continue animating my photos in Boris. Does Boris have the ability to zoom in close on a photo without losing resolution?

Thank you,

- Das

Return to posts index

Ted LevyRe: High res pan & zoom
by on Jan 21, 2007 at 1:10:08 am

It's because you're trying to zoom in on the image in the Avid timeline, which is not hi-res (even at 1:1, it only has 720 X 480 pixels). In the Boris interface, you need to choose the original still image on the hard drive as your source, and make the move on that. The imported image in the Avid timeline will then just be a dummy edit under the effect. This is the same approach used by the Moving Picture software by Stagetools (which is much more user friendly and quick if you plan to do a lot of work with stills, and not expensive either).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved