BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Exporting from Red/Importing to Photoshop

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Editz
Exporting from Red/Importing to Photoshop
on Dec 14, 2006 at 2:28:38 am

I've got a problem with RED 3GL where I export a .tga that has transparency. My settings are straight alpha with safe levels on and 1:2:1 deflicker off. When I open this .tga file in Photoshop 8 CS, the background is black where there should be transparency. I've tried exporting using all the different alpha options available, but I have no idea why this is happening.

Return to posts index

mark harvey
Re: Exporting from Red/Importing to Photoshop
on Dec 14, 2006 at 6:40:03 pm

Is the alpha exporting correcly ??? You will see this in the channels portion of the layers palette of Photoshop. If it is, then the black is a non-issue.... To get rid of the black if the alpha channel is correct is as simple as loading the selection of the alpha, then on the main layer inverting the selection and hitting delete. If the alpha channel is not right, then there are a number of ways to get rid of the black. I have never had this issue :-)

Mark

Return to posts index

Editz
Re: Exporting from Red/Importing to Photoshop
on Dec 14, 2006 at 8:25:47 pm

In the channels tab I have RGB, R, G, B and Alpha. It defaults to the alpha being off. When I turn it on the black background then turns red. If you haven't guessed I'm not a Photoshop user. In my dumb universe, checkerboard should represent transparency period.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]