BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Boris FX 8 and FCP5.1

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kim Rowley
Boris FX 8 and FCP5.1
on Nov 29, 2006 at 4:27:09 pm

Absolutely no luck in getting Boris to work within FCP. I've downloaded the patch on the Boris website for 5.1, followed all install instructions and as soon as I double click on a transition (with cursor over it), FCP crashes. Anybody had any luck getting this system to work?

Dual 2.7 GHz G5, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon 9650, Xserve RAID, AJA IO, 2 20" Cinema Display, FCP 5.03, OS X10.4.3

Return to posts index

Chris Babbitt
Re: Boris FX 8 and FCP5.1
on Nov 29, 2006 at 5:00:07 pm

It works. You have to follow instructions to the letter. Call Boris. They are very helpful.

Return to posts index

Kim Rowley
on Nov 29, 2006 at 6:12:59 pm

Well, I DID follow the instructions (caps lock down, up...etc.) exactly as in the release notes. I have an email into Boris support (I'm in Europe).... Glad it's working for you...

Dual 2.7 GHz G5, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon 9650, Xserve RAID, AJA IO, 2 20" Cinema Display, FCP 5.03, OS X10.4.3

Return to posts index

activeye
on Dec 1, 2006 at 12:56:55 pm

I have exactly exactly the same problem - and have followed the instructions to the letter. Also in PAL land.

Return to posts index

Richard Boghosian
on Dec 1, 2006 at 1:19:12 pm

If fyou email Boris support they will tell you that they are working on it- and NO it doesn't work properly in all fucnctions-while it may "work" for some-it needs more development to be intergrated in a fully functional FCP system with an external i/o.

Richard Boghosian
Bogh AV Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]