BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC AVX 4.1 Authorization Issues

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ArmenBCC AVX 4.1 Authorization Issues
by on Nov 20, 2006 at 11:45:56 pm

I've passed this problem along to Boris tech support, but I'm curious to know if anyone has seen this problem with the BCC 4.1 behavior. Here's the setup... BCC AVX 4.1 (with the 10.3 patch applied) running in Adrenaline Media Composer 1.6.6 and OS X 10.3.8... software was installed from an ORIGINAL installer CD with a unique serial number purchased directly from Boris. The first time BCC4 effect is applied and rendered, an error message pops up stating that the authorization of BCC failed and to re-install the software from the original CD. Subsequently, this sends the entire OS into a pinwheel and force quitting is sometimes not even possible (hard shut down from the power button is required). This does not happen when the effect is applied... only when it is rendered and at the end of the rendering process (i.e. 100% rendered and the effect is being saved by Media Composer). If the original CD is placed in the DVD drive and mounted, there is no problem after rendering. Once rendered, I've applied other BCC4 filters and rendered them while the CD is in the computer with no problems. I removed the CD and applied and rendered these same filters, and the problem went away... for about 5 minutes. Then the problem returned as before. Anybody seen this problem? Is this possibly associated with the ColorBlurBundle effect that the 4.1 patch was supposed to fix? When installing this patch, did I need to delete the problematic ColorBlurBundle filter first? The creation date/time of the problematic plug-in corresponds with when I installed the patch and not when I installed the original set of plug-ins that contained the problematic plug-in. Also, the effects that were prompting this error message are not a part of that patched bundle (i.e. they are glints and flares as well as blurs, and they are not applied concurrently). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved