BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC big black X

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tjkobs7926BCC big black X
by on Nov 9, 2006 at 10:26:22 pm

Hello,

I just installed BCC 4 along with the 4.1 update to work on intel macs. I have a MacPro and macbook. Both running FCP 5.1.

When I installed BCC on the MaPro the big black X that was on the Demo is still there and I cannot get rid of it. I have uninstalled. Re-installed. Deleted every boris

file on my machine, and everytime I start FCP up and add a BCC filter the black X remains. I installed the same software on my macbook, that didn't have the BCC

demo installed prior to the full version. The macbook works fine. Everything is working well in fact.

But I need the power of the MacPro and I can't figure out what to do....

Please Help me!

Thanks,

Travis

Return to posts index

Paul  FXRe: BCC big black X
by on Nov 10, 2006 at 12:08:43 am

Try deleting the Obj cache and the prof cache located: HD-Users-you-Library-Preferences-Final Cut Pro User Data

then apply a filter, if the X is still there, try adjusting any of the parameters for that filter. If that doesn't work, fill out on of our tech support contact forms and we can help you fix your issue.

http://www.borisfx.com/support/problem_form.php

Return to posts index

tjkobs7926Re: BCC big black X
by on Nov 10, 2006 at 12:23:23 am

Deleting the two Pref. Files didn't work

When I click on a filter in FCP and it comes up in the viewer window it says regester where is says boris fx on the Macbook that's working. So I click it and another window opens up. It asks for an unlock code. So I entered the serial number that came with BCC 4, and that doesn't work...so I am really lost here.

I've deleted almost every file on my computer, and it still doesn't work....

Thanks

Travis

Return to posts index

by on Nov 10, 2006 at 4:16:54 pm

Here is the message I sent Boris FX....

View As Web Page
Thanks Jon for the reply.....

To asnwer all your questions...

It does this with all filters....

I have a CD serial for BCC 4 (not 4.1 and I am wondering if that may be an issue, cause I installed the 4.1 demo.)...

BCC 4 was installed from the CD then upgraded to the 4.1 patch that borisFX provided at borisfx.com...

I have deleted every file associated with boris and final cut pro that I can find on the machine....including full re-installs of both FCP and BCC. (Including FCP Prefs)

And each time it still has the black X acting as if I am still using the demo....

I can see in each filter where I can click "REGISTER" and enter an unlock code, and my CD serial does not work with that.....So I need an unlock code.

I know there is something with this demo, some file I cannot find. I installed this BCC on my Macbook, with the same FCP and it works just fine....

but my macbook does not have the HD space or power...so I am really frusterated here cause I needed to work on some things this weekend....Let me know what you can do....

Thanks for your time

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: BCC big black X
by on Nov 15, 2006 at 6:05:35 pm

I'm really sorry to hear that this issue remains unresolved. Please contact us directly by calling our support center - they will walk you through the process of getting this to work on your system.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

SunshineRe: BCC big black X
by on Nov 11, 2006 at 1:28:51 am

Hi Travis,

Did you resolve your BCC 4.1 in FCP on an Intel Mac Pro yet? I'm worried cause I've just ordered my BCC 4.1 CD. The 4.0 and 4.1 intel patch demo didnt work after download. It kept asking for authorisation. Since I had BCC 2 I went ahead and upgraded to 4.1. Is anybody else using BCC 4.1 in FCP 5.1.2 successfully on Intel Macs?
Would appreciate feedback..

Thanks and warm regards from India

Kishore N. Chabria
CEO
Graphtech Studio
India

Return to posts index

by on Nov 12, 2006 at 6:23:39 am

Hey Kishore,

Yeah here is the deal....I had the 4.1 demo installed on my mac pro then I got the 4.0 disc in the mail. I installed that and then went and installed the free 4.1 upgrade from boris fx. And for some reason FCP still thinks that it is the demo, and it puts the "big black X" over every clip that has a BCC filter on. This is all in FCP 5.1 on a mac pro.

However I have a MacBook as well, running FCP 5.1 on it. This one DID NOT have the BCC 4.1 demo on it. And it is working fine. So, I am hoping that this is an isolated issue. I am working with a guy at artel/boris in an attempt to fix the problem. But so far he has come up with nothing.

Let me know if this helps...

Travis

Return to posts index

Christopher WrightRe: BCC big black X
by on Nov 13, 2006 at 4:17:34 am

I also can't get the Continuum filters to authorize in FCP on the Intel Mac Book Pro. I have tried calling, emailing and posting in this forum to no avail. I will try calling Boris again tomorrow.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 14, 2006 at 11:44:50 am

Hi Travis, Christopher, tjkobs,

Just got my BCC 4.0 cd yesterday. Installed it in my Mac Pro and then installed the 4.1 patch and all works SMOOTHLY. No authorisation or black X issue. My system:

Dual 2.66 Ghz mac Pro 1GB RAM (stock system) just added more drives to it. Mac OS X 10.4.7 FCP 5.1 (not 5.1.2)

Kishore

Return to posts index

by on Nov 14, 2006 at 11:45:09 am

Hi Travis, Christopher, tjkobs,

Just got my BCC 4.0 cd yesterday. Installed it in my Mac Pro and then installed the 4.1 patch and all works SMOOTHLY. No authorisation or black X issue. My system:

Dual 2.66 Ghz mac Pro 1GB RAM (stock system) just added more drives to it. Mac OS X 10.4.7 FCP 5.1 (not 5.1.2)

Kishore

Return to posts index

by on Nov 14, 2006 at 2:30:09 pm

Kishore,

I think that the problem is something within the Demo...I am not sure if you had it totally installed on your mac pro, but I did and it does not want to work.

Like I said...It is working on my mac book just fine, and the 4.1 demo was not installed on that.

Thanks,

Travis

Return to posts index

WilliamBusbyRe: BCC big black X
by on Dec 8, 2006 at 8:16:40 am

Shouldn't a simple uninstall of the Demo version before you installed the registered version avoided such a mess?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]