BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC AVX 4.2 Released but won't Download!

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry AsbellBCC AVX 4.2 Released but won't Download!
by on Nov 3, 2006 at 1:47:14 am

Boris programmers put in the work and made BCC work with the new Media Composer and Avid XPress Pro. I know because I downloaded the 4.2 trial version and it works great! But now that 14 days are up, the big X is showing, so it's time to register. Since I own the 4.1 CD all I have to do is download the patch. Except the BCCAVX42Patch.dmg file on Boris' site is built wrong and won't mount once the download is complete. Support has not responded to my email. Please fix it and let me and all the owners of BCC 4.1 get to use BCC on their Macs!

Also: Avid, on their Website refers to a version 4.2.1 in which AVX 2 is enabled.

The Boris site has no mention of this. What's the status on that?

Larry Asbell

Return to posts index

Peter McAuleyRe: BCC AVX 4.2 Released but won't Download!
by on Nov 3, 2006 at 2:10:46 pm

Hi Larry,

There might be a conflict between the cd patch version that you are trying to install and the fact that you had a try and buy demo version installed prior to the attempted install from the cd patch. But this is only a guess and I could be wrong. Have you backed out the try and buy demo version? Perhaps you could give that a shot and try running the patch again.

Meanwhile, I'm forwarding this issue on to our support team to see if one of the guys have come across this issue before and if they can offer a solution.

Return to posts index

Christopher WrightRe: BCC AVX 4.2 Released but won't Download!
by on Nov 4, 2006 at 4:40:38 am

I think this is exactly the problem with the FCP Intel patch as well. I installed and registered BCC from the trial download, and the BCC filters still won't work on the Mac Book Pro within FCP with the new patch. I also called tech support twice today and got no response or call backs.

Return to posts index

Larry AsbellRe: BCC AVX 4.2 Released but won't Download!
by on Nov 4, 2006 at 3:48:01 pm

Jon at Boris support responded to my origninal request. They found a problem with the download file and fixed it. Sorry but the other problem mentioned above is not related. My problem affected DOWNLOADING the installer, not RUNNING the installer or RUNNING the plugins. Good Luck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved