BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris Fx & Graffiti

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Francois XBoris Fx & Graffiti
by on Oct 23, 2006 at 3:47:26 pm

I use Red myself (on a Mac within Fcp)

But I have been hired to teach some people who are on Avid (Pc) and are loaded with Boris Fx & Boris Graffiti separately. (don't ask...)

I will do this class on their site, on their equipment.

I just wonder how do they interact those two apps ? What if I wan't to create a title with Graffiti on a compositing I've done with Fx ?

Documentary Director & Editor
Paris /France

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Boris Fx & Graffiti
by on Oct 23, 2006 at 5:40:10 pm

With Avid, you can apply more than one filter to a video track clip by alt + dragging the filter onto the video track in the timeline. Let's say that you apply Boris FX to a video track in the Avid timeline and have added a color correction or a glow effect to the background image element. Then you click apply in the Boris FX UI and are returned to the Avid UI. Then let's say you want to create a title over this effect ... the solution I would suggest would be to hold down the alt key and drag the Graffiti filter onto the clip. Open the effects editor palette and you will be able to access the Graffiti UI. The clip in Graffiti will display the clip with the effect from Boris FX intact. Then simply create the title and click the apply button in the Graffiti UI to return back to the Avid timeline. To go back and edit the Boris FX effect, you must step in to the sub-clip and launch Boris FX by clicking on the icon the the effects palette.

I hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Francois Xavier NoulensRe: Boris Fx & Graffiti
by on Oct 25, 2006 at 6:38:56 pm

thanx (my avid days are waaaay back)

Documentary Director & Editor
Paris /France

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved