BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

BCC problem with Chroma Keyer

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vince Sanchez
BCC problem with Chroma Keyer
on Oct 12, 2006 at 4:57:07 pm

I have been having a problem with the BCC chroma keyer in Final Cut. It started with version 3 and I've just upgraded and its still there.
The problem is that when I apply the filter and set it to green the background will go from green to black, it won't show a composite. When I render it composites normally. If I switch to matte view I can see the matte just fine. Its impossible to fine tune a matte if I can't see it as a composite.
Now if I add a second filter like light wrap the whole preview goes ugly looking until I render then I can see the effect.
This happens in the viewer window and the ntsc monitor. Its like the frame isn't being forced to render. Any ideas?
thanks

Return to posts index

flip8600
Re: BCC problem with Chroma Keyer
on Oct 17, 2006 at 1:04:39 pm

Are you seeing a composite in the Canvas window when you apply BCC Chroma Key? The Viewer window shouldn't be showing you a composite because it is only meant to show you the clip you load into it. To see the composite on an NTSC monitor before you render you can click in the Canvas window to make it active.

Return to posts index

Michael Alberts
on Oct 18, 2006 at 11:05:05 pm

I'm having the exact same problem you are Vince. Working in FCP 5.1.2. I got it to work yesterday somehow, but today I only see black on my keyed subject, not the b.g. layer. I haven't been able to figure out what I did to get it working yesterday. When I ran FCP today I was forced to delete the FCP Object Cache pref file in order to even get the BCC filter parameters to work again. Have no idea what changed from one day to the next. Now that I have the parameters working again the Keyer won't work. Pulling my hair out on this project. To be honest, BCC hasn't worked reliably since FCP 5 came out over a year ago.

Michael Alberts
Ambidextrous Productions, Inc.

Return to posts index

Vince Sanchez
on Oct 19, 2006 at 12:52:14 am

I haven't been able to test again our servers are down this week while we upgrade the electrical. I'm going to try to find some footage i can use tomorrow.

Return to posts index

Vince Sanchez
on Oct 21, 2006 at 3:15:26 am

Got the server back up threw in a greenscreen clip and now everything seems to be working. Chroma keyer hasn't worked for six months, first in V3 and then in V4. Hope it keeps working.
Vince

Return to posts index

Michael Alberts
on Oct 21, 2006 at 5:59:52 am

I solved my BCC4 Chroma Key issue as well. Apparently if you have FCP's playback control set to "Unlimited RT" the Keyer doesn't work. If you set it to "Safe RT" the Keyer decides to work. This may also be true of other BCC4 filters.

Michael Alberts
Ambidextrous Productions, Inc.

Return to posts index

Vince Sanchez
on Oct 22, 2006 at 2:29:45 am

[Michael Alberts] "I solved my BCC4 Chroma Key issue as well. Apparently if you have FCP's playback control set to "Unlimited RT" the Keyer doesn't work. If you set it to "Safe RT" the Keyer decides to work. This may also be true of other BCC4 filters."

That's it! Tried it on my machine and that's the fix. So far all the other plugins seem to work okay.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]