BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Any other Character Generator for FCP?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Langston
Any other Character Generator for FCP?
on Oct 10, 2006 at 11:48:06 pm

Anyone know of any Good Character Generator for FCP other than what Boris makes? and LiveType?

Thanks,
Tim

Tim Langston
Cryin' Out Loud Productions
Fort Wayne, IN
http://www.colproductions.com

Return to posts index

Kuhnen Brown
Re: Any other Character Generator for FCP?
on Oct 14, 2006 at 2:39:24 pm

Tim,
I've never looked. It's hard to top the vector qualities of Graffiti, not to mention the animation features.
Kuhnen

Kuhnen Brown
InterMountain Digital
Oregon

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Oct 15, 2006 at 6:18:57 am

Motion

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Director-At-Large
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Oct 16, 2006 at 7:55:54 pm

Hello,

We're always open to feature requests ... is there anything that you cannot do in titling with RED or Graffiti that you can do in another titling application? If so we would love to hear about it so that we can improve upon our product line.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Tim Langston
on Oct 16, 2006 at 9:45:24 pm

I guess I'm a little impatient waiting on the Mac Pro version, but the Mac Pro does make an awesome paper weight.

But for now.....
Is there a fix for when highlighting text in the text window to change color or size, so that it doesn't change all the text? It seems almost everytime I do this all my text changes. However, I do get a good laugh out of my clients.

I've also noticed that when switching back and forth between HD and SD (from one project one day to another the next day), RED's preview screen sometimes sticks on the wrong aspect.

Everytime I load in new drivers for my Kona 3 I have to go back and load RED 3.05 for FCP 5.1. And the Continuum Complete update. This also happens when deleting FCP Prefs.

Thanks for reading and replying to our comments and conserns.

Tim

Tim Langston
Fort Wayne, IN

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Oct 17, 2006 at 6:12:26 pm

Hi Tim,

We are working on a Universal Binary (MacIntel) version of the product and expect to make that available before the end of the year.

I think the issue that you are seeing with regard to the text changing may be related to the way you are changing the text. If you use the buttons to change the size then all of the text will change, whether it is highlighted (selected) or not, however if you use the pop-ups to make this change then only the selected text will change. Can you try that to see if it works for you?

I've not seen the window sticking as you have described but I can understand how that would not look so good when in a client session. Does it happen all of the time? Our tech support department should be hearing about this ... could I ask you to please send them a note?

The driver issue sounds a little odd alright - I'm at a loss as to why you would have to reload the software after loading new drivers for your video card. Again, this needs to go to our tech support department - could I please ask you to send that to them?

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Tim Langston
on Oct 18, 2006 at 8:08:16 pm

Thanks Peter, I'll write to them soon. What do you mean by Pop-ups?

Thanks,
Tim

Tim Langston
Fort Wayne, IN

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Oct 18, 2006 at 8:24:41 pm

Hi Tim,

By pop-up I mean the function whereby a menu will pop-up or appear after you click on a menu item. In this context, it is font or text size. In the text generator window, you can see this by typing a few characters, selecting perhaps one or more but not all of the characters, and then clicking on the button that displays the current font size. Then when you select anew size from the menu, only the selected text will change. You can also just enter a value to the left of this pop-up and again, only the selected text will change. The same rule holds true for the font face.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

Dave Jenkins
on Oct 19, 2006 at 4:37:36 am

Were are looking for an option besides RED as well. To not have BACKWARDS compatibility between RED 4 to RED 3 is crazy! I don't know of any other program that can't open files created by a previous version. We have many on going projects that have RED 3 Static graphics in the timelines in FCP and they don't open in RED 4.

Return to posts index

Dave Jenkins
on Oct 19, 2006 at 4:43:26 am

I see Peter said below that Boris is looking into the RED 3 to 4 thing. Sorry for reposting the same problem.

Return to posts index

Editz
on Oct 19, 2006 at 10:44:50 pm

Is there any more information on this RED 3/4 problem? I was about to install 4 on my Media Composer PC.

Return to posts index

Peter McAuley
on Oct 19, 2006 at 10:56:14 pm

Hi,

We're testing a possible solution right now and will have more information and possibly a resolution for this issue sometime tomorrow, Friday Oct 20. I'll let you know how we make out with it as soon as we have the results from our testing.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]