BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Final Effects Complete UPDATE....

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
HolyCowSeattle
Final Effects Complete UPDATE....
on Oct 6, 2006 at 2:48:53 am

All,

Just wondering when Final Effects Complete will be made compatible with After Effects 7.0?

Thanks,
Punit

Return to posts index

Arthur Dent
Re: Final Effects Complete UPDATE....
on Oct 6, 2006 at 6:08:23 pm

The latest version from Boris FX IS compatible with AE 7

http://www.borisfx.com/products/matrix.php#adobe

~AD

Return to posts index

HolyCowSeattle
on Oct 9, 2006 at 11:11:25 pm

Yes thank you I am aware of their website posting regarding compatibility.

I perhaps should have nbeen more clear in my posting.

ISSUE:
The current (downloadable) installers do not show the option to install into AE7, nor do they give you the ability to install into AE7 (by changing install directory location) .

----

So yes, I agree with you that they list it on the website as compatible (thank you).

My frustration stems from my current inability to install said compatible software.
Therefore, I am seeking anyone who is currently using (FEC & AE7) and I would appreciate knowing the version number of the installer that they have used........because 4.0.3 (which is currently posted as the most recent update on their site) DOES NOT WORK WITH AE7.

No negativity here, just frustration at being limited to using AE6.5 for all progrmas using FEC. I was hoping for feedback from BORIS as their support/sales have yet to reply to my direct inquiries via their (understandably busy) office lines/e-mail.

-P

Return to posts index

Arthur Dent
on Oct 10, 2006 at 6:15:04 pm

I just tried this on my mac, from the trial version download. When the installer could not find AE 6.5, it asked me to find it and poped up a mac finder window.

Not sure why it's not giving you the same option

~AD

Return to posts index

HolyCowSeattle
on Oct 13, 2006 at 1:13:06 am

We use 6.5 and 7 on the same machine. So it always finds 6.5 during the install.
I spoke to tech support at Boris and they were very helpful.

(Their feedback works similar to your experience.)
They suggest I attempt to install for a program I don't have (Combustion, Avid, etc.) and then (just as you experience) it pops up and asks you where to install.

This is (as they explained) simply because the current version of FEC was created and released BEFORE AE7 existed.

There are no compatibility issues.

Thanks,

Punit

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]