BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Blue Video card

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
thesalesterBlue Video card
by on Oct 5, 2006 at 7:10:12 pm

Hey folks, Building a new system and want to get BLUE to go around it.
Out of the supported video cards
NVIDIA GeForce 6800-7800-basedcards
NVIDIA GeForce 7900-based cards
NVIDIA Quadro FX 3450, 4000, and 4500
NVIDIA Quadro FX 3450
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1500 and 3500

Im guessing Quadro`s are the way to go, the FX1500 is about the max im willing to spend will i see much of a difference if i opt for a gforce 7900 i can save a couple of buck`s along the way.Also i see a FX1500 Proff.Video edition any improvements with that??

I remember when RED 3 was first coming out we had faster preview time with the video cards with the most texture memory, is this still the case??

Any info and feed back would help me alot, i dont have the time i once did to read for hours.

BTW: Im thinking of going- Dual core,2G RAM,Asus Mobo...

Return to posts index

Dirk de JongRe: Blue Video card (Quadro FX vs. GeForce)
by on Oct 17, 2006 at 7:39:32 pm

In Blue 1.1 (which will be a free update to Blue users that we hope to have ready within a month or so), we expect to take advantage of some Quadro FX specific features - specifically, Blue 1.1 should be able to offer higher quality hardware anti-aliasing on Quadro FX boards - meaning even faster exports when using a higher quality of anti-aliasing (not that the current export speeds are slow...)than on the GeForce cards. Also, for Quadro FX boards offering video output (for example you mentioned the PNY Professional Video Edition that comes with the break-out box) in Blue 1.1 we are hoping to offer a Full-Screen mode for monitoring composite, S-Video, or component output of the Comp while working in Blue.

That said, the GeForce 7900 is a good fast card too... for comps involving HD source footage (big textures) we recommend using an SLI configuration (2 GPUs multiprocessing) and while the GeForce 7900 offers SLI support, the Quadro FX 1500 does not.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved