BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Rubbing out a person

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jack halseyRubbing out a person
by on Sep 29, 2006 at 2:01:34 am

I have a video project where I want to take a person out of the scene..and I am going to replace him with something else. Any suggestions....

Return to posts index

mark harveyRe: Rubbing out a person
by on Sep 29, 2006 at 10:47:23 am

Unless you can key the person out, you may have to rotoscope the person out of the scene. You can do this with use of splines.

Return to posts index

jack halseyRe: Rubbing out a person
by on Sep 29, 2006 at 6:58:20 pm

Its a regular shot not a green screen so I am pretty sure I cannot key the person out if that is what you mean. Could you give me a rough idea of how to rotoscope them out..

Thank you.

Return to posts index

mark harveyRe: Rubbing out a person
by on Sep 30, 2006 at 2:01:08 am

You need to draw a spline around the person (make a new spline layer and start drawing using the pen tool) You will want to animate the spline. Once that is complete, drop the spline track onto the mask track of the video track. You can add a gaussian blur to the spline to feather the edges of the mask.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Rubbing out a person
by on Oct 2, 2006 at 5:13:39 pm

In addition to the spline based rotoscope method, another option is to use RED 4, which includes two additional ways to remove undesired elements from a scene. One method is to use the included BCC Motion Key filter. The Motion Key filter was designed from the ground up to deal with this problem. It works best with locked down shots but can be used on non-locked down shots too depending on the clip. The second option is to use the clone paint tool in RED 4 to clone out the unwanted portion of the image much like you would do with photoshop. Once you have successfully cloned out the element in question, you can apply a motion tracker to animate the clone work to complete the process.

I hope this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved