BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Graffiti with Final Cut questions

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike WeberGraffiti with Final Cut questions
by on Sep 11, 2006 at 3:40:22 am

I'm using Boris Graffiti 4.0 with Final Cut Studio 5.1

When using Boris Graffiit Static, is there a way to have the Composite window display as 4x3 ? In the Preferences>>General tab, I have it set to 4x3, but the composite window is still stretched, like it's showing square pixels instead of rectangular. My Final Cut Pro Canvas window can display 4x3, so why not the Boris Static Composite window?

I should add that this happens when I'm working with Boris Graffiti Static as a plug-in to Final Cut. When I work with the the regular Boris Graffiti plug-in, or Graffiti stand-alone Keyframer, it displays the Composite window correctly as 4x3.

Another question: Is there anyway to make "Connect to External Monitor" work when I'm working with Graffiti as a plug-in? In this instance, Final Cut doesn't seem to want to let go of the hardware. (I'm using AJA IoLA). But strangely, if I'm working with the Keyframer, then Connect to External Monitor works fine, even if Final Cut is also running. I prefer to work with Graffiit as a plug-in, but not being able to see what I'm doing on an external monitor is a huge headache. Everytime I want to see how my titles really look, I have to apply and exit to Final Cut.

Thanks a lot for listening & for your help.

Mike

Return to posts index

flip8600Re: Graffiti with Final Cut questions
by on Sep 12, 2006 at 1:27:51 pm

Check the Preview with Square Pixels option in the Preview menu, that might be the culprit.

Sorry, preview to monitor is only available from the keyframer because when you use Graffiti as plugin FCP still has control of the I/O and won't pass it to a plugin.

Hope that helps.

Return to posts index

Mike WeberRe: Graffiti with Final Cut questions
by on Sep 12, 2006 at 6:19:44 pm

>>Check the Preview with Square Pixels option in the Preview menu, that might be the culprit.

That did the trick - thanks!

>>Sorry, preview to monitor is only available from the keyframer because when you use Graffiti as plugin FCP still has control of the I/O and won't pass it to a plugin.

Bummer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]