BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

timecode generator stops counting before end of clip

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Groeniertimecode generator stops counting before end of clip
by on Aug 21, 2006 at 5:59:00 pm

I'm having a problem with the timecode generator. I'm trying to output a 40 minute timecode clock, just white numbers centered on a black bg, that starts at 00:00:00:00 and ends with 00:40:00:00. The clock will basically just reflect the timecode of the clip. however after rendering several times, the timecode invariably stops counting up at 00:09:06:04. What would cause this? It's not as though I have a hundred tracks of moving video, just white text and black bg. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

EditzRe: timecode generator stops counting before end of clip
by on Aug 21, 2006 at 9:44:25 pm

Doublecheck your keyframes to make sure there's nothing funky in there? Can you step to the end of the comp and have it display what you want it to?

Return to posts index

Dave GroenierRe: timecode generator stops counting before end of clip
by on Aug 22, 2006 at 2:55:19 pm

Yes, but only when I highlight the end frame and refresh my composite window. Otherwise, upon rendering or exporting it counts to 09:06:04, then freezes for the duration. Last night I rendered another clip starting with 09:06:04 and it froze at 18:12:08. It's like the generator just times out after that many frames, weird!?!?!

Return to posts index

EditzRe: timecode generator stops counting before end of clip
by on Aug 22, 2006 at 10:17:08 pm

I'm able to replicate this too. I had the comp window set to quarter resolution so that I could see the sequence preview to RAM. On a 40 minute comp everything was fine until 18:13:13 when it froze, yet the Current Time Frame window continued on as normal. If you put the CTI marker anywhere on the timeline it updates as normal. However, if you drag it from the beginning of the timeline it always freezes at around 18:40:00 and doesn't update until you release the mouse.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]