Here is a set of instructions on how to get Boris Products to function properly within FCP 5.1.x.
First, uninstall your Boris product completely and trash the patch or downloaded try and buy previously downloaded (it is possible it became corrupt during transfer). Also, trash the preferences for both FCP and your Boris product (RED, FX and Graffiti). Here are the locations of what to trash. Trash the items whose name or description appears in "quotations".
1. Hard Drive-Applications-"Boris RED, Graffiti, FX or Continuum Complete" (which ever you have)
2. HD-Library-Application Support-"BorisFX" and/or "Boris FX" (you may not have both)
3. HD-Library-Application Support-Final Cut System Support-Plugins-"every
Boris plug". Leave text scrambler, title 3d, title crawl and vector
4. HD-Users-you-Library-Preferences-Final Cut Pro User Data- "Final Cut Pro
5.0 Prefs", "Final Cut Pro Obj Cache", "Final Cut Pro Prof Cache"
5. HD-Users-you-Library-Preferences-"anything that says Boris"
(look down the list because there are some that start with
Now restart the machine and reinstall your Boris product from the CD and download a new patch or download a new try and buy and run that. PLEASE, read the release notes that accompany the download patch and follow them to the letter, especially the "Known Limitations" section. It is imperative that you do so.
Starting FCP 5.1 for the first time after running the patch with the Cap Locks down is very important when using any Boris plug in.
Are these the steps to take on a non Intel based Mac for Title 3D? When I installed 5.1 on my Intel Mac Pro, I didn't have FCP on it already, so everything has worked flawlessly with Title 3D, but when I crossgraded the G5 we have, Title 3D no longer works. We had to create a new user and under the new user Title 3D works fine. Since Title 3D came with FCP how to I reinstall just the Title 3D plug-in?