BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Proper stopwatch feature?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
EditzProper stopwatch feature?
by on Aug 15, 2006 at 6:23:57 pm

Is Red 4 going to have a way to create a race stopwatch within the date/time generator? We had a situation recently where we needed a 2:30 race timer accurate to 1/100th of a second. I thought I could do it with 3GL but it turns out that the hundredths didn't count up properly. I also didn't like the interface, having to goof around too much with the numeric time entry to get the values that I wanted -- it would be cool to have Red generate a sequence that auto conforms to whatever length of clock you're looking to create.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Proper stopwatch feature?
by on Aug 17, 2006 at 3:16:35 pm

Although it is a little bit late to add this feature request to the RED 4 release we will certainly add it to the list of features for RED 5. I'm sorry to hear that the time-code generator feature did not live up to your expectations and was not able to meet your needs for the piece that you were working on. We'll take a look at the accuracy issue that you reported and let you know what if anything can be done to resolve this.

Return to posts index

EditzRe: Proper stopwatch feature?
by on Aug 17, 2006 at 4:54:56 pm

Don't get me wrong, I like the timecode generator. It certainly fills a need for those who have to do window dubs, but it generates timecode only. Timers for sports events usually run at 1/100th of a second, but TC only goes to 1/30th. Putting the TC generator's Adjust Start Hours, Minutes, Seconds, etc. controls into the Numbers generator would be great.

For all the professional stuff Avid likes to be in, you'd think auto generated clocks, timecode and timer overlays would have been something they might have tackled years ago. But just one look at the Title Tool makes you think differently. My situation was special simply because the track event organizers didn't have a timer inferface available to hook into their production live-truck, so we were looking for post-production options.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved