BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

NLE integration has stopped working

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derbigny6NLE integration has stopped working
by on Aug 12, 2006 at 8:02:24 pm

I use DPS, Leitch Velocity 8.2 and until recently I could just right click a video clip on the timeline and select "Video Effects" and then select "Boris Red" from the dropdown list and Red would open with the video clip ready to be worked on. Now I don't get the video to show up in the Red timeline at all. No tracks in the timelins either. Only evidence of the NLE video clip is the clip run time at the top of the Red timeline. Is it time to re-install Red or is there a preference setting I might need to change?

Shelley Video Production

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: NLE integration has stopped working
by on Aug 17, 2006 at 3:18:58 pm

It may be that the preference controlling the auto generation of track in the timeline may have inadvertently been changed. To check this, please go to the RED preferences panel and under the Behavior tab check the status of the "Start With Empty Timeline" function. If checked you will not see tracks when you open RED. If you change it you will need to remove and reapply the effect to see this change.

I hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Derbigny8Re: NLE integration has stopped working
by on Aug 17, 2006 at 9:36:17 pm

Hey Peter,

That was it. I remembered a while back I was getting tired of deleting the soccer ball and brick wall everytime I cranked up the standalone app. so I checked that box. I didn't realize it would cause the timeline to be empty when working within the NLE.

Thanks a bunch,

Steve Shelley

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved