BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Extruded Logo extraneous line artifacts

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derbigny8
Extruded Logo extraneous line artifacts
on Aug 8, 2006 at 1:22:15 pm

I've been successful in the past creating clean extruded 3D logos, but I've tried this one twice now and both attempts have extraneous lines that run between a few of the separated elements of the logo. The line flickers on and off when the logo is animated. Any idea what I might be doing wrong this time to cause it? You can see a short clip of it here.

http://www.putfile.com/shelleyvideo

Thanks,

Steve Shelley
Shelley Video Production

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Extruded Logo extraneous line artifacts
on Aug 17, 2006 at 7:09:31 pm

Hi Steve,

It was unclear which file on the putfile site you wanted me to look at. If you could please tell me which one has the extrusion effect I'll take a look to see if I can understand the issue that you are seeing.

Meanwhile please send me the settings file that you used to create the extrusion and I'll examine it here. You can send me the file via an email attachment at peterm@borisfx.com.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Derbigny8
Re: Extruded Logo extraneous line artifacts
on Aug 17, 2006 at 9:32:11 pm

Hi Peter,

Sorry, I've already removed it because I worked around the problem, sort of. I may still have the .red file to recreate it. I was using the pen tool with an .EPS image to trace it out for the extrusion and I was getting a couple of lines leftover that should not have been there. But I later realized that I could just change the track shape to Extrusion with the EPS and it will go 3D without the pen tool hassle. I'm starting to think that using the pen tool with an EPS was the problem. Please excuse any misuse of Boris terminology.
Thanks for getting back to me. I'll try to get the effect back up for you.

Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]