BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Pincushion in Boris? How to squeeze the middle, whilst keeping the sides stretched

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
AjmetzPincushion in Boris? How to squeeze the middle, whilst keeping the sides stretched
by on Aug 5, 2006 at 10:14:07 pm

Hi, I have Boris FX6 with ICE'd FE.

I want to change the shape of a piece of video, so that's it's like the following brackets:

Only horizontal instead of vertical.

Imagine like you're looking at the cross-section of a curved ring, and viewing the video on the inside of the ring.

How else to describe it?
I could throw about words such as pincushion, or a widescreen that has been squeezed in the middle, and stretched at the edges.

Obviously, I could just make a mask, but I don't want the image behind it to stay flat.

What filter should I be using?

The closest I've got is "FE Bend it" but it only bends the top half upwards, it won't bend the bottom half downwards at the same time. =P

So it's doing: )| when I want: )( albeit, horizontally, but I can't type horizontal brackets, so you get what I mean. ^_^.
I hope.

Any advice welcomed.

Return to posts index

AjmetzProblem solved!
by on Aug 6, 2006 at 10:02:40 am

Looks like the effect can be obtained by mapping the video to the inside of a cylinder, and making the front of the cylinder transparent ( opacity 0 ) so you can see through to the back of the cylinder, and then squash it, so it's like a short ring, and you have your concave effect.

Is amazing what a bit of sleep can do.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved