BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Are corner pin and motion trackers designed to work together

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
EditzAre corner pin and motion trackers designed to work together
by on Jul 26, 2006 at 6:22:19 pm

I'm still wrestling with a comp that has talent holding a piece of cardboard with 4 tracking points on it. I can use motion tracker with genearal success, but it doesn't compensate for the talent turning the cardboard at angles. Corner pin tracking does a better job at this, but the result is that the text I'm overlaying onto the cardboard is more "jittery" looking than when I use motion tracker. My new solution for hiding the tracking points is to use wire remover, which works flawlessly. Any tips on getting the text to smooth out and rotate accurately?

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Are corner pin and motion trackers designed to work together
by on Jul 31, 2006 at 2:44:34 pm

Hello,

Have you tried preprocessing the source to remove the jitter which the trackers are picking up? This jitter is usually caused by noise in the clip which is being tracked. You can reduce the noise that the tracker sees during analysis within the corner pin filter by clicking on the pre-blur button (if you are using the built-in corner pin effect in RED 3) or if you are using BCC4 Corner Pin filter you can enable the pre-blur and control the amount by going to the Preprocess tab and setting the amount of blur to add with the Blur - Sharpen parameter, which by default is set to zero.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]