BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris Continuum Installation with FCP 5.1

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ted HainesBoris Continuum Installation with FCP 5.1
by on Jul 25, 2006 at 1:54:55 am

So I did the installation as instructed, (including the CAPSLOCK patch) and still when I look in my filters BCC does not appear. Trashed all prefs and tried again... nothing. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Lee BergerRe: Boris Continuum Installation with FCP 5.1
by on Aug 2, 2006 at 11:39:45 am

I assume that you mean that no BCC filters appear in the filters list in FCP? If so I would first check to see where the filters are installed. They should be installed in library/ application support/ final cut pro system support /plugins /Boris Continuum Complete x.x (where x is the version number). This is the library folder in your root directory, not the user folder. If it's not do a search for the word Continuum to see where they are. You can simply move them to the correct folder. The Boris installer should put them in the proper directory, but it's worth a look.

Return to posts index

Kenny PowerassRe: Boris Continuum Installation with FCP 5.1
by on Aug 11, 2006 at 8:54:31 pm

I'm having the same issue. I've installed a few times now and though I can see the effects in the proper folder they aren't showing up as effects options in the Final Cut Pro 5.1 menu.
I have an upgraded project that is riddled with Boris CC effects and they can't find themselves.
I'm also on a new machine - having gone from a G5 dual 2G to an Intel MacBook Pro. Now I'm wondering if BCC isn't compatible with Intel chips. But shouldn't that make it work slowly rather than not at all?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved