BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Trouble selecting font and font size in Graffiti

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike WeberTrouble selecting font and font size in Graffiti
by on Jul 20, 2006 at 11:27:38 pm

I just updated from Graffiti 2.1 to Graffiti 4, and am apparently experiencing some growing pains. In 2.1 I used to create and modify my text using the Text Window, with Auto Update turned on so that my changes would happen simultaneously in the Composite window. But it seems with later versions that Boris removed the Auto Update feature, and so I'm learning to use the text tool to type text directly into the Composite window, and am using the Transform tab to alter it.

Trouble is: When I try to change my Font or font size under the Transform tab, it has no effect. I highlight the text I want to change in the Composite window, and then I select a different font or font size under the Transform tab. The Font name and point size change in the tab, but it has no effect on my text in the Composite window. If I highlight the text again, the Font name and size revert back to the way they were before

Going back to the text window and changing the font & size works fine. But I miss the auto update, and want to learn the new way. Help please!

Return to posts index

theborisRe: Trouble selecting font and font size in Graffiti
by on Jul 29, 2006 at 3:39:44 pm

I just reproduced your problem with changing text size in Controls window (using RED 3 on Mac). It only happened right after I typed text using text tool. The problem goes away if you expand the Face track and select the text media track nested below. From that point on the size parameter works (even if you go back to select Face). This problem will be addressed in the next update of RED and Graffiti.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved