BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris Red 3GL 3.05 and Avid XPress Pro 5.5

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joeldberryBoris Red 3GL 3.05 and Avid XPress Pro 5.5
by on Jul 17, 2006 at 5:20:44 am

Does anyone know if this software combination works or not? I just upgraded to Avid Xpress 5.5 and now, even though I completely reformatted my hard drive, installed Avid XPress 5.5, and then installed my original Red from 3.02 discs, and then installed the update for 3.05, I can't see any Avid FX or Boris Red in my Avid XPress FX list...

I have deleted Red out of the Avid Plugins folder and reinstalled several times, but alas, to no avail, they still don't show up in Avid... is there a way I can clear some preferences or something? Or is it just broken?

Thanks,

jdb

Return to posts index

joeldberryRe: Boris Red 3GL 3.05 and Avid XPress Pro 5.5
by on Jul 17, 2006 at 5:21:39 am

By the way, I am on a Mac Powerbook G4, 1.5GHz, 2GB RAM. Avid runs just fine. Boris Red runs just fine. Just not together.

Return to posts index

BobbyRe: Boris Red 3GL 3.05 and Avid XPress Pro 5.5
by on Jul 17, 2006 at 5:41:44 am

Any luck yet?

Return to posts index

theborisRe: Boris Red 3GL 3.05 and Avid XPress Pro 5.5
by on Jul 17, 2006 at 1:30:06 pm

Hi Folks,

There has been changes in the plug-in interface in the latest Avid releases on Mac that will require us to rebuild our products. Fortunately, the change for RED 3/FX8/GR4 product line appears to be rather small and we plan to post a free patch in a short period of time. The change to the BCC product is much more involving. We are currently working on a patch for the BCC 4 product as well. We hope to have it available in a few weeks time. BCC 4 patch will be free to current owners of BCC4 product.

Sorry for the inconvenience, stay tuned for further announcement on this list.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]