BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Reversing effect in Boris Red preset?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
benfscottReversing effect in Boris Red preset?
by on Jul 14, 2006 at 12:52:51 am

Hiya all you lovely and helpful people,

Thanks in advance if you could help out. Very new to Boris Red 3gl and am using the 'pink oval template.red' in the SPLINES-2D directory of the library browser.

I'm using it as a graphics bed for some captions in a showreel but after the text (done inside avid - not boris) has mixed off I wanted the elements to slide off the screen in the exact reverse of the way they came on. Being ever so slightly overwhelmed by all the knobs and buttons in the interface so far, I just wanted to know the easiest way to 'flip' everything that happens in that composition so I could then just paste it onto the end as a way to go out how it came in...

Much appreciated in advance.

Ben

Return to posts index

Mark FrazierRe: Reversing effect in Boris Red preset?
by on Jul 14, 2006 at 2:03:31 pm

Highlight the keyframes you want to duplicate (click on the first one, shift-click on the last one to select all keyframes in between, or command-click all you want to duplicate); copy and paste them where you want them on the timeline. With the new ones still highlighted, under your TRACK pulldown, there is a REVERSE KEYFRAMES option. After this, you may need to adjust the interpolation to correct the motion settings, but this should get you close.

Hope this is what you needed.

Mark

Return to posts index

benfscottRe: Reversing effect in Boris Red preset?
by on Jul 14, 2006 at 2:17:04 pm

You are a lifesaver! Thank you so much. Will try when I get in.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 14, 2006 at 4:18:02 pm

Hi again,

Now I may be just being exceptionally stupid but when I try to paste the 'copied' keyframes onto the end of the sequence they don't actually show, like they would for example if you CTRL-V pasted a clip in Avid. Almost like they are pasting but just over the original keyframe, no matter where I am in the timeline.

I'm sure this is a really dim question - even dimmer than the last, but how can I paste the entire composition straight after the first on the timeline in order to then reverse? Is there a 'mark in-point' button I've not yet discovered?

Thanks once again,

Ben

Return to posts index

Mark FrazierRe: Reversing effect in Boris Red preset?
by on Jul 18, 2006 at 10:34:02 pm

Ben, sorry I didn't get back with you sooner. I've been away from the computer for a few days. (Yes, that's a good thing!) And since I'm not familiar with Avid, I'm hoping the Red interface works pretty much the same as it does in M100.

If I understand what you are attempting, the action you presently have takes up the whole length of the composition. If that is the case, try doubling the length of the composition, reposition your original keyframes to where you originally had them, then try the cut/paste/reverse trick and see if it gets you where you want to be. (Before you paste them, make sure they will all fall within the length of the timeline.)

I hope this helps (and I hope it's on time for your project.)

Mark

Return to posts index

by on Jul 19, 2006 at 11:37:37 am

Thanks for getting back to me. Much appreciated. Used a workaround in the interim but will give it a try now today and get back to you.

Regards,

Ben

PS Getting away from the computer? That's possible? I don't think I've been away from mine since it was a Commodore 64.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 19, 2006 at 11:31:16 pm

Done. Yey!

Thanks so much for your help.

Ben

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]