BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

upgrade question

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dakota Joe
upgrade question
on Jul 8, 2006 at 6:14:06 am

Hey,

If I upgrade from Continuum 2.0 to 4.0 (for AE), will I stop getting "invalid handle" errors and crashes?

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: upgrade question
on Jul 10, 2006 at 7:08:49 pm

That may do the trick alright, but I'm not 100 percent sure about that without first knowing what your complete system set up is. As you know you are currently two versions behind with the filters - I don't know what your host version is though.

Before making a blind upgrade, I'd suggest that you pull down the try and buy version and run a few quick tests. If that solves the problem that you can make the purchase on-line by simply registering the trial version that you downloaded. You can download the software and use it for free for two weeks from the downloads section of the borisfx.com website.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Dakota Joe
on Jul 10, 2006 at 7:43:44 pm

Hey Peter,

Thanks for the reply. I have BCC version 2.0 for After Effects. I am running AE 7.0 on a Dell 650 workstation with dual 3.06 GHz Xeons (with hyper-threading turned off). I have an NVidia Quadro FX 500 video card with updated drivers. My OS is XP Pro. My hard drives are all 7200 RPM. Thanks.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jul 10, 2006 at 8:04:03 pm

You're welcome.

And yes, given the system specs that you sent over you should upgrade to BCC 4 and I'm fairly sure that this will put an end to the error messages that you are seeing. AE 7 and BCC 2 are not a qualified combination and actually I'm surprised that you are not experiencing hard crashes with this set up as there is an issue with earlier versions of BCC and AE 7 that would pretty much prevent this configuration from working at all.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]