BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Corner pin effect disappears in last frame of comp

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
EditzCorner pin effect disappears in last frame of comp
by on Jul 7, 2006 at 2:36:32 am

Without fail, whatever I have in the corner pin source layer "disappears" on the last frame of my comp. Is this a bug or am I not doing someting correctly?

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Corner pin effect disappears in last frame of comp
by on Jul 7, 2006 at 3:36:20 pm

hello,

what you are seeing is the result of RED being developed initially as a transition effect, in which case the effect would be correct. if you look at a 1 second comp in RED, you will see that although the application will indeed render out the correct number of frames (30), the timeline displays 31 frames. so ... the problem lies in the fact that the timeline will trick you into believing that with the CTI at the end of the effect timeline that you are on the last frame of the effect when in fact you are actually one frame past the end of the effect. to get around this, you need to move the last keyframe back one frame - doing this should bypass the problem that you are seeing.

the clearest example of this that i can provide is to start with a 1 second comp, add a 3D plane, then set the spin of this track to 1 revolution across the timeline with linear interpolation. now move the CTI all the way to the end of the timeline and observe that the effect looks correct. render out the clip and when you play it back you will see that the result has indeed 30 frames but that the clip is still rotating and has not completed, in other words it doesn't match the effect that you saw in the RED timeline. now return to the RED timeline and drag the last keyframe on the spinning track back one frame and render again. this result should appear correct and as expected. what you were seeing before moving the keyframe was that the CTI was sitting on the 31st frame, and not the 30th frame of the effect. this is because the frame counter starts at frame 0 and not frame 1, therefore the actual 30th frame is shown in the timecode indicator as frame 29 - if you see frame 30 in the counter then you are looking at the 31st frame, which is not going to be rendered in a 1 second effect.

if you need more information on this, please feel free to contact me directly.

i hope this helps.

peter.

Return to posts index

EditzRe: Corner pin effect disappears in last frame of comp
by on Jul 7, 2006 at 3:50:10 pm

I understand what you're saying, but this sounds like a fundamental flaw of the software. If I drop a Red filter onto an Avid timeline, I expect it to do what I want for that given duration -- period. Adjusting keyframes for simple comps is a simple matter, but I must have at least 20 layers of stuff to deal with and I don't have the time for a workaround like that. My solution has been to edit out the last frame of the rendered clip and live with the results.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Corner pin effect disappears in last frame of comp
by on Jul 11, 2006 at 8:20:51 pm

We will do everything that we can to resolve this issue with RED 4.

Thanks for bring this to my attention.

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]