BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Motion Tracking and Rotation

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
EditzMotion Tracking and Rotation
by on Jun 22, 2006 at 3:08:23 pm

Is there any way to utilize both motion tracking and corner pin together? I have a shot of somebody holding a poster and I want to place text over it. Motion tracking works great for X-Y movement, but the person also rotates the poster slightly. I've tried keyframing some rotation in, but it's not totally convincing. The poster has 4 small reference dots on it, so I was wondering if corner pin would help any.

Return to posts index

mark harveyRe: Motion Tracking and Rotation
by on Jun 23, 2006 at 9:09:57 pm

Although I haven't done this, I know that you can have more than one tracker. If you set up the tracks correctly, you should be able to have 4 trackers with each one having one of the corner pinner corner points as targets. This should do what you want.

Return to posts index

EditzRe: Motion Tracking and Rotation
by on Jun 24, 2006 at 2:09:40 am

It looks like the corner pin by itself is doing the job. I didn't pursue it further after the first time I tried and the result looked terrible. The tracking dots used by the producer were too close to the board's color and made for a difficult time, which the motion tracker seemed to handle better, because I was following the talent's fingers on the edges. This time the dots are brighter and work better.

Do the dots need to be a perfect geometric match to the shape of the board, or does it matter?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved