BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Help with crashes

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Al Winchell
Help with crashes
on Jun 18, 2006 at 6:12:12 pm

Same question was asked a year ago and no answer. Thought I'd try.

Desperate help. I am posting this in the AE forum as well. Now using AE 7 and consistently getting endering erros saying BFX API Error multi processor.cpp.223. At this point the program freeezes and I have to close using task manager and retry again. Around 60% of the time this happens. A crap shoot. My comp is a P4 2 gb ram ATI 9800 pro 256 card. No help on the boris site and no answers forthcoming from them. A google search finds a few others with same problem and only thought is a openGL problem that they say disabling openGL might help. Not really working. Am using Boris FX and Continuum 3. Any thought would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Alex Alexzander
Re: Help with crashes
on Jun 18, 2006 at 6:22:21 pm

I would ditch the 9800, and use an nVidia 6800, or an FX1300. I use the FX1300, and no problem what so ever.

-Alex

Return to posts index

mark harvey
Re: Help with crashes
on Jun 18, 2006 at 6:43:03 pm

I am not sure that BCC3 is compatible with AE7. I tried BCC2 and had issues. I now use BCC4 with AE7 with no issues. As for the ATI graphics card, I use an ATI, not an Nvidia and have no issues. Some prefer Nvidia, some ATI. I like ATI because it works better with my NLE (Avid Liquid)...if I were running Xpress or something like that, then I would move over to Nvidia.

The graphics card is NOT our issue here.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]