BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Help with crashes

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Al WinchellHelp with crashes
by on Jun 18, 2006 at 6:12:12 pm

Same question was asked a year ago and no answer. Thought I'd try.

Desperate help. I am posting this in the AE forum as well. Now using AE 7 and consistently getting endering erros saying BFX API Error multi processor.cpp.223. At this point the program freeezes and I have to close using task manager and retry again. Around 60% of the time this happens. A crap shoot. My comp is a P4 2 gb ram ATI 9800 pro 256 card. No help on the boris site and no answers forthcoming from them. A google search finds a few others with same problem and only thought is a openGL problem that they say disabling openGL might help. Not really working. Am using Boris FX and Continuum 3. Any thought would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Alex AlexzanderRe: Help with crashes
by on Jun 18, 2006 at 6:22:21 pm

I would ditch the 9800, and use an nVidia 6800, or an FX1300. I use the FX1300, and no problem what so ever.

Return to posts index

mark harveyRe: Help with crashes
by on Jun 18, 2006 at 6:43:03 pm

I am not sure that BCC3 is compatible with AE7. I tried BCC2 and had issues. I now use BCC4 with AE7 with no issues. As for the ATI graphics card, I use an ATI, not an Nvidia and have no issues. Some prefer Nvidia, some ATI. I like ATI because it works better with my NLE (Avid Liquid)...if I were running Xpress or something like that, then I would move over to Nvidia.

The graphics card is NOT our issue here.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved