BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Hopefully a simple question

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow
Wayne V.Hopefully a simple question
by on Jun 5, 2006 at 2:20:59 pm

I'm sure this is just a setting that I'm overlooking... I just upgraded my HP xw8000 to 3 GB ram and a Nvidia QuadroFX 1100 display card, along with Avid software v 2.2.1. I now get a message in RED saying "there isn't enough memory for "xxxxx" graphic. Do you want to continue?" I click yes and the effect applies to the Avid timeline correctly, but the renders are slower than they had been. What an I overlooking? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Wayne V.

Return to posts index

mark harveyRe: Hopefully a simple question
by on Jun 5, 2006 at 5:43:29 pm

It could be something to do with OpenGL settings...In the preferences of Red, turn off OPENGL. (This can be done either in the filter or the Engine, it will turn it off for both). My card doesn't play nicely with OpenGL, although yours should.
Now, let me know if that helps. Next question, are you on the latest NVidia drivers, if not I would suggest loading them.

Let me know if this helps

Mark

Return to posts index

Wayne V.Re: Hopefully a simple question
by on Jun 5, 2006 at 6:06:08 pm

Thanks for getting back to me, Mark. I did 2 things... First I did the Open GL compatibility test, which my card passed. Second, I changed the Open GL setting from ON with MAX texture to ON with some texture. That seems to have gotten rid of the warning.
Wayne

Return to posts index

mark harveyRe: Hopefully a simple question
by on Jun 5, 2006 at 6:15:22 pm

I have gotten so used to working without OPENGL that it doesn't bother me....at work I have a Matrox Millenium G450 card....not exactly the best card to try and get OPENGL power from. It is not an apporved card, but works well with my Liquid Blue editing station.

At home, I am running with an ATI X1800XL. It is a powerhouse for my Avid Liquid editing station, not so good for OpenGl.

Glad to hear it worked.

Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]