BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

how do i use boris red as a titler in final cut pro 5.1?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bobby Mosaedihow do i use boris red as a titler in final cut pro 5.1?
by on Jun 1, 2006 at 2:40:58 pm

im coming from being a longtime media 100 user... what i've done so far is apply the 5.1 patch, caps lock startup and restart. I use the boris RED static video generator in my timeline over the clip i want to make a title for. I then drag the clip underneath my boris clip into "video1" under the controls tab in the FCP interface. Then i click options to enter the boris interface.

In media 100 im used to seeing the V1 track as the video from the NLE. im not seeing it now, im not seeing anything actually, just a empty canvas that i have to place my titles and guess location. Also, i cant get video preview to work with my blackmagic decklink exreme card. in the red preferences when i try to use the moitor output it says final cut pro is using the board.

I dont know how to fix these problems. can anyone help?

Return to posts index

mark harveyRe: how do i use boris red as a titler in final cut pro 5.1?
by on Jun 2, 2006 at 12:56:34 pm

I guess I am going to have to learn FCP if I want to stay as herd leader in here :-)
A lot of people seem to be having issues with FCP and Red. I too came from the media100 and it was sooooo easy to use Red.

That said, can you apply the filter directy to a clip ??? What happens if you do that ??? Are you still not seeing the video in red ???? Are you preferences set up coorectly ??? Are you using the update video (it is in the preview menu) Have you tried deleting the Red preferences ????

That's about all I can offer for advice...sorry....I use Red with Avid Liquid and Liquid Blue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved