BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

New Info on BCC Light Zoom Problem

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cowcowcowcowcow
Mike AllenNew Info on BCC Light Zoom Problem
by on May 24, 2006 at 1:19:41 pm

When I attempt to use boris red (inside on FCP 5) the BCC filters do not seem to work. When I open boris by itself, it does work. However, now the rendering of the clip takes forever compared to when red comps render inside of FCP. In other words, when I export the .mov file from red when it is open by itself, the export takes forever compared to the inside FCP render. Can someone point me in the right direction on this?

Return to posts index

mark harveyRe: New Info on BCC Light Zoom Problem
by on May 24, 2006 at 2:38:56 pm

That is weird, as normally Red renders out quicker when not used as a plugin(in my experience).

Are you using the same codecs for rendering ???

Mark

Return to posts index

Mike AllenRe: New Info on BCC Light Zoom Problem
by on May 24, 2006 at 4:36:33 pm

How can I tell, I cannot see the boris prefs. when inside of FCP. Also, what codec should I be using. Or should I say, which ones do you use? Also, I do have a Kona LH card installed. Can I gain any speed using one of it's codecs?

Return to posts index

cow
Christopher WrightRe: New Info on BCC Light Zoom Problem
by on May 25, 2006 at 3:43:51 am

If you have upgraded FCP to the Universal binary, it breaks anything but the default effect behaviour in FCP. I also found this out after upgrading. None of the Continuum or Bortis filters allow you to adjust parameters any more after the upgrade.

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Tim GoodwinRe: New Info on BCC Light Zoom Problem
by on May 25, 2006 at 5:05:18 pm

[Christopher Wright] "If you have upgraded FCP to the Universal binary, it breaks anything but the default effect behaviour in FCP. I also found this out after upgrading. None of the Continuum or Bortis filters allow you to adjust parameters any more after the upgrade."

There is a patch available on the BorisFX website that fixes this. If, after you install the patch you upgrade to FCS 5.1.1 you will need to trash your FCP preferences (users/*you*/library/preferences/Final Cut Pro User Data) and do the Caps Lock thing again.

Tim

Return to posts index

by on May 26, 2006 at 5:17:30 am

"The Caps Lock thing??" What is that??

Return to posts index

by on May 26, 2006 at 3:56:10 pm

Launch FCP with Caps Lock engaged and quit immediately.

Re-launch FCP with the Caps Lock disengaged.

This will initialize the BCC filters within FCP.

Tim

Return to posts index

by on May 28, 2006 at 6:58:20 am

Unfortunately I had already installed 5.1.1 and the patch for 3.05 doesn't work. It comes up with an error message that it can't find the plug-ins when it runs. I'm sure that is because it is looking for FCP 5.1 and not 5.1.1. The patch for 4.01 seems to have worked with the "Caps Lock" thingy. Unfortunately the free trial is over, so I have to decide if I want to fork over another $250.00 for basically the same effects that are in 3.0!

Return to posts index

by on May 29, 2006 at 8:43:48 pm

Hello Christopher

Have you tried deleting your FCP 5.1.1 preferences (3 files) then doing the Caps Lock drill ?

Tim

Return to posts index

mark harveyRe: New Info on BCC Light Zoom Problem
by on May 25, 2006 at 3:35:02 pm

I'm on a PC....but I usually render to the animation codec within quicktime. Nice quality (Big file size) and usually a decent render speed. Also a Codec that comes standard with quicktime, so if I need to send the file elsewhere there are no issues.

The prefs are located somewhere on your C drive, since I am not on a mac I can't tell you where. Ask in the Mac forum, as I believe Macs store all prefs in roughly the same location.

AS for the Kona card.....I,m not familiair with their codecs. Again, check with the Mac Forum...If you can find Marco Solaro, I would ask him...he really knows codecs. I think his website is onerivermedia.com It has great info on COdecs.

Mark

Return to posts index

Scott RoebuckRe: New Info on BCC Light Zoom Problem
by on Aug 14, 2006 at 11:27:31 pm

Look on this thread in Ken Stones FCP site for th locations of FCP prefs and other information.

Good luck...

http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/trashing_fcp_prefs.html

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]