BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

How can I turn a video clip upside down using Boris RED?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerome RobbinsHow can I turn a video clip upside down using Boris RED?
by on May 23, 2006 at 6:43:11 am

I transfer old 8mm film and edit for family histories. One reel has torn sprocket holes that make the film visually chatter and it is really unviewable. I wound the film on a reel backwards and upsidedown. When I run it for the transfer it looks steady as the damaged sprocket holes are now on the other side of the feeder.

The problem is getting the footage back to normal viewing. I use Media100 as my NLE, so I can reverse the footage. I have Boris RED. Is it possible to turn the footage upside down, which would actually be rightside up?

Thanks for any ideas.

jerome

Return to posts index

mark harveyRe: How can I turn a video clip upside down using Boris RED?
by on May 23, 2006 at 11:50:16 am

You can flip the media by selecting the face track and choosing the flip method. I believe there is also a filter called fast flipper. If these option don't work for you, use the rotate functions to get the video where you need it to be.

Mark

Return to posts index

Jerome RobbinsRe: How can I turn a video clip upside down using Boris RED?
by on May 25, 2006 at 2:45:32 pm

[mark harvey] "You can flip the media by selecting the face track and choosing the flip method."
could you clarify in more detail the steps to accomplish this. Don't i have to make a New composition to do this in?

thanks

jerome

Return to posts index

mark harveyRe: How can I turn a video clip upside down using Boris RED?
by on May 25, 2006 at 3:25:37 pm

Once your media is inside Boris, twirl down the track to reveal the face track and click onn it. Now you have, in the controls window, a drop down box that gives flipping options. Select the one that is right for you.

This face track is very handy for selecting alpha channels, trimming footage etc.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]