BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Multiple Graffiti inputs

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jsettlMultiple Graffiti inputs
by on May 20, 2006 at 6:36:37 pm

I'm a fairly new Graffiti 4.0 user and I'm having problems understanding how to apply a multiple-input Graffiti effect to my Mac Avid MC timeline.

The User Guide says that when you drag a multiple-input icon onto the timeline, "the Graffiti interface appears with one track for each input in the effect."

Nope, doesn't work that way on my system. I get a background and a text track, but any other video layers that appear in my Avid timeline aren't there. Either I'm misunderstanding the User Guide, or the software isn't working properly.

A second question regards Graffiti transitions. Again, according to the User Manual, I should have a "Boris Graffiti Transition" icon in my Avid Effects Palette. I don't. I can still drag Graffiti effect icons to transitions, but they seem to show only the outgoing clip.

What am I missing here? Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Multiple Graffiti inputs
by on May 22, 2006 at 9:49:05 pm

Are you using an LTD version of Graffiti or the full version? What happens when you add a new 3D plane track to Graffiti once that has opened inside of the Avid? To add a new 3D plane you can click on the diamond shaped icon at the extreme left of the timeline, bottom row. Once you do this you should be able to select the media for that track by clicking on the media selector at the right of the track - this usually says V1, V2, V3 etc corresponding with the tracks in the Avid timeline.

I would also suggest that you either take a training class or pick up a DVD tutorial if you're going to be using Graffiti in your workflow - the tips that you pick up from classes or tutorial DVDs are of a tremendous help and speed the learning curve enormously. You can also find many tutorials on our web site, which is:

Return to posts index

Post removed.

Post removed.

jsettlRe: Multiple Graffiti inputs
by on May 31, 2006 at 4:19:43 pm

Thanks for the reply Peter.

I'm using Graffiti V. 4.0 on a Mac OSX Avid MC 1000XL, v. 12.0.7.

Adding a new 3D plane track doesn't appear to access any of the Avid video tracks. Also, I can't seem to find the diamond shaped icon you mention. I'm wondering if I've accidentally changed things around. Maybe I should reset everything to its default status.

Anyway, I hope this gives you enough information to point me toward a solution! Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved