BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

3D Shatter wipe gradient

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Editz
3D Shatter wipe gradient
on May 17, 2006 at 11:55:02 pm

I'm having a hard time figuring this one out. I have a word that I'd like to shatter beginning from the left hand side and proceeding through to the right whith the particles falling down through the bottom of the screen. So far all I can manage is to have the entire word shatter and fall. I figure the wipe gradient has something to do with it, but I'm not having a lot of luck.

Return to posts index

mark harvey
Re: 3D Shatter wipe gradient
on May 18, 2006 at 3:41:14 pm

Use a gradient along with the scatter wipe tab (Make sure you activate the scatter wipe function check box). You may have to reverse your gradient depending if it was created in the right direction.

When you acctivate the scatter wipe function, there is a gradient track in the timeline. Drop your gradient onto this track.

Mark

Return to posts index

Editz
on May 18, 2006 at 4:19:37 pm

Yeah, this is pretty much where I had it. I'm noticing that while the shatter will indeed start on the left hand side, it tends to "burst" at the middle and not cleanly continue to the right hand side. I have the Explosion Type set to Constant and other types don't seem to be generating what I want. Maybe this isn't doable? I'm also unclear on the role of the gradient media itself. Making alterations to it doesn't appear to have an effect on the way things shatter.

Return to posts index

mark harvey
on May 18, 2006 at 10:12:39 pm

Make sure on the scatter wipe that you change the drop down from linear to custom on the scatter wipe tab the setting is found under scatter wipe type....this will enable your gradient, otherwise you are only doing a linear wipe, thus changes to your gradient will do nothing :-)

Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]