BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

FIRE as in Sample File

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
majnooFIRE as in Sample File
by on May 10, 2006 at 5:28:15 pm

We can find a Fire Sample fire in Boris Red CD as we can see the fire is realy good or what you can say its looking very good or all the effects are good but i realy tried alot to make effects fire effects like that but i realy can't can anyone tell me how can i do this or if i can do this what should i have to set values in Fire plugin .

Thanks for your time

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: FIRE as in Sample File
by on May 10, 2006 at 7:47:36 pm

Have you tried any of the presets that come with the Fire filter? You can find them by clicking on the filter preset pop-up at the top of the filter in the Red UI.

There are also many pre-built fire effect compositions available in the library browser, all of which can be customized to suit the particular piece that you are working on.

Of course, this fire is procedural and a bitmap so it will always have a little bit of a fake look about it but the results are good enough for some small animation effects.

If you're looking for some really nice looking fire effects, you should take a look at Boris Blue, which can generate fire and smoke that appear to be much more photorealistic than the Fire filter that is in BCC and Red.

I hope this helps,

Return to posts index

mark harveyRe: FIRE as in Sample File
by on May 11, 2006 at 11:09:54 am

I agree with Peter that the fire will never look like true fire....that said, you can get pretty good results by playing around with the filter...

Here are some points to look at...

The default texture when the filter is opened is too wide....scale down the x scale of the texture. Also, speed up the texture.

I also like to add a little wind and some randomness.

Depending on the fire that you want, you may get better results using the noise map filter and tritone...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved