BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Red 4.0 announced

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MarkMcRed 4.0 announced
by on May 4, 2006 at 8:06:48 pm

I see that the new version has been announced along with it's new features. I don't see any mention of viewports or the ability to actually animate objects (cameras,lights ect) in 3d space on paths that exist in 3d space in a way that is easy to control. Is is just me that feels this is essential to a program that is "3d"? It seems like they took that development (3d) into Blue and forgot about refining those tools in Red. I really like Red but it now seems that After Effects 7.0 Pro with a 3d plugin like Invigorator Pro has jumped way ahead of Red.The animation presets in AE have stolen much of Reds thunder when it comes to producing something quickly too. The fact that Red is a plugin to many NLEs for me is not that important-I think many editors use the standalone outside of their NLEs anyway. I'm a little dissappointed.

Return to posts index

mark harveyRe: Red 4.0 announced
by on May 5, 2006 at 2:57:17 pm

Red 4.0 is in Beta, After Effects 7 is a released product...not a fair comparison :-)

That is all I can say as I am under NDA.

Mark

Return to posts index

MarkMcRe: Red 4.0 announced
by on May 5, 2006 at 8:02:49 pm

Fair enough. I'm just going by the info released by Boris and the list of new features. There was a fairly long list of new features but no indication that a larger list would be forthcoming. My personal preference is to work in Red but the features I mentioned are important to my workflow, without them...

Return to posts index

mark harveyRe: Red 4.0 announced
by on May 6, 2006 at 8:36:26 pm

Mark,

Contact Boris and let them know what you want.... Unfortunately due to NDA it is hard for me to talk about, but they are very open to new ideas at Boris.

All the best

Mark

Return to posts index

editzRe: Red 4.0 announced
by on May 7, 2006 at 3:04:00 pm

I briefly read the announcement myself, but I can't remember off the top of my head -- what's the minimum requirement for graphics cards?

Return to posts index

MarkMcRe: Red 4.0 announced
by on May 10, 2006 at 11:15:52 am

It didn't say. Under Blue vs Red a pro for Blue was hardware assisted preview and render. I would conclude from that the Red requirements will be the same as Red 3.0; opengl cards will add funtionality but not be required to operate it. This is just conjecture though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]