BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Black cross over Boris renders

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
The Ginger PimpernelBlack cross over Boris renders
by on Apr 27, 2006 at 6:23:12 pm

I've been putting some Lucas-style linear wipes onto a project using Boris in Prem Pro 1.5, and everything has worked fine until I last loaded the project. Now, all the Boris fx have a black X across the screen. The fx are still there and the renders are apparently ok , as the indication line across the top (forget how to refer to it, sorry) is green rather than red across the board.

Would anyone have any idea as to why this may be happening? A render/preview file issue, perhaps?

J . . .

Return to posts index

stephenlnoeRe: Black cross over Boris renders
by on Apr 28, 2006 at 12:05:02 am

That usually means your using a demo version of red and your trial period has expired. Open up the Help menu in the stand alone engine. Now click on the "Register Boris Red" menu item and go through the steps or reinstall using your serial number found on the sleeve of your boris red disk.

Return to posts index

the ginger pimpernelRe: Black cross over Boris renders
by on May 1, 2006 at 10:14:26 am

I've tried reinstalling, but to no avail, and I'm pretty sure it's not the demo version. I've a horrible feeling it's because I deleted some Premiere Pro preview files, as before that, there was no problem...

Return to posts index

Peter McAuleyRe: Black cross over Boris renders
by on May 6, 2006 at 6:10:58 pm

If you are a registered user you have access to telephone and email support - I would like to suggest that you contact our support department who will assist you with this problem. You can reach them by sending an email to

I hope this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved