BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris red render issue

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
wilmot mediaBoris red render issue
by on Apr 23, 2006 at 3:25:48 pm

Often when I render a transition effect using Red 3.0 The first frame of the each clip is stretched slightly. Once the second frame comes on it reverts back to the correct size. It almost looks like a fied dominance issue or a size issue. I had this same problem with Boris FX LTD as well I am using Red 3 with Xpress Pro 4.5 on a Mac with OSX. This doesn't happen all the time but I do notice it quite often. I'm sure its a setting that gets changed but I'm not sure what I'm changing. Any Ideas

Return to posts index

DrolloRe: Boris red render issue
by on Apr 24, 2006 at 4:40:37 pm

I'm getting the same problem. When it happens, I always change the position of one of the keyframes in the timeline (not the keyframe position) one unit and render it again. Then it dissapears. I get this problem using Media 100 HD too

Return to posts index

Adam DuplayRe: Boris red render issue
by on Apr 24, 2006 at 8:05:40 pm

I have struggled with this problem for nearly a year, using Red in AVID. But now, with the latest upgrade in RED, Boris has finally issued a solution... (or rather, a workaround)...

Render your effect in green dot mode in Avid, rather than blue dot, and you will get no jump - works for me everytime now. THis also eliminates the slight blurriness that can effect alpha channels comming out of boris.

I dont know about other NLEs, but you might try rendering with external video view set to off, which is the equivilent to green dot in AVID.

Adam Duplay

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved