BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Graffiti FX

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mgmdavaoGraffiti FX
by on Apr 22, 2006 at 5:29:00 pm

I downloaded the trial version of Graffiti FX and it seems that it is too complicated and time consuming. I am looking for a titler that is easy to use. For editing I've got Liquid 7.0 (the best on the planet!). Graffiti appears in the Library of LE 7.0. Does Graffiti have any preset animation? Can you suggest a good DVD tutorial on Graffiti FX? Would Adobe After Effects be more easier or more tedious? I don't mind spending a little bit more in exchange for ease of use. Many thanks.

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
peter mcauleyRe: Graffiti FX
by on May 5, 2006 at 7:45:28 pm

Please take a look at the many pre-built library of animated title effects, which will not only give you a lot of cool looking animated text effects but also provide a way of reverse engineering the way effects are generated in this product. To access the library select the Library Browser from the Windows pull menu in Graffiti. FYI ... if you generate a title first, and select the title, then as you you click through the different presets in the library, you can see this exact text as it would appear when rendered into the comp in the small preview window in the Library Browser.

You may have to build the animated thumbnails first, which depend on you machine may take some time but it's really worth the effort.

And remember, any effect that you import from the browser can be modified to suit the piece that you are working on - basically these are simply pre-build compositions of which any part can be changed.

If you continue to have difficulty with this please don't hesitate to contact us directly.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

mgmdavaoRe: Graffiti FX
by on May 6, 2006 at 4:58:24 pm

The trial version I downloaded expired. Can I redownload it to try it more? Graffiti is not cheap so before I buy the program I have to test drive it first. Can you recommend a DVD tutorial I can buy that explains procedures in a much clearer method?

Return to posts index

Peter McAuleyRe: Graffiti FX
by on May 6, 2006 at 5:48:49 pm

Hello,

Unfortunately all of our try and buy downloads have a one time use 15 day trial period, which are non-renewable. One possible solution is to download again on a different machine - if you do that you will have a new start with the 15 day trial.

With regard to tutorials, there are several 3rd party companies that offer DVD training programs, which should assist you in creating effects, including transitions, for all of our products. I cannot endorse any one training DVD but perhaps other list members can help you decide which one is best for you.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

cowcowcow
mgmdavaoRe: Graffiti FX
by on May 7, 2006 at 12:22:39 am

Hi Peter:

Thanks for responding. I was able to download the demo through my other email address. It seems though that everything around it is so tedious. I'll keep trying because I really wanted something better than the Title Deko that came with my Avid Liquid. I have Bluff Titler (not but at all and simple to work on) and is thinking of buying Heroglyph but I am really leaning more towards getting Graffiti. I am a graphic artist and works a lot on Photoshop and Illustrator but if I can have something within Liquid that will not be so complex to work on then that makes life easier although I must admit that it took me a long time to learn Liquid which I swear is the best video editing I've ever I've worked on. I'll keep you posted of my progress. Any suggestions at all will help. Thanks in advance.

MGM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]