BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Using Boris Continuum in Motion

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JFrankUsing Boris Continuum in Motion
by on Apr 18, 2006 at 12:51:08 pm

So far I have not been able to use Boris on a single project. Purchased Red under the advice of several people (was going to get FX and Continuum but was advised here and elsewhere that Red was better as it combined the two), but it turned out not to be compatible with Motion. So purchased Continuum, and finding...that it also really isn't compatible with Motion.

First I discovered that if I used a Boris filter in a Motion project and imported the Motion project to Final Cut Pro, all I would get is a black screen wherever the filter was applied (was told that I needed to either pay $500 for Automatic Duck or export the Motion project into Quicktime before importing it).

Well, can't seem to export any Motion project that uses Boris Continuum filters, as Motion keeps crashing (it's a 20 second clip in standard DV format and the filter/generator I was trying to use was 'rain')

Any ideas why?

Return to posts index

Tim GoodwinRe: Using Boris Continuum in Motion
by on Apr 18, 2006 at 3:46:46 pm

See my earlier post on FCP 5.1 & BCC compatibility.

Return to posts index

JFrankRe: Using Boris Continuum in Motion
by on Apr 19, 2006 at 1:34:24 pm

Glad to read that there is a fix in the works for the FCP portion of the problem (didn't read far enough into the thread...and for some reason was thinking that it was only about the Universal Upgrade, which I had already been told by Boris was going to be incompatible w/their products...)

Curious, though, why I'm having such problems with it in Motion as well. It keeps crashing (on two different computers) when I try to export a project so I can import it into FCP...

Love the info this site provides, as it has saved my bacon quite a few times already this year!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved