BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

BCC3 Mac Compatible w/ BCC3 PC

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jeff
BCC3 Mac Compatible w/ BCC3 PC
by
on Apr 7, 2006 at 2:50:00 am

Hello, I am offlining on a mac with AVX PRO, and onlining on a PC. Our online facility currently has BCC3. If I get the BCC3 trial will the effects carry over to the registered online PC. Will there be a cross platform issue or an issue of offlining with a demo?

If there is a crossplatform issue with BCC3, would BCC4 be any better. Thanks.

JP

Return to posts index

Peter McAuley
Re: BCC3 Mac Compatible w/ BCC3 PC
on Apr 7, 2006 at 7:18:33 pm

Hello,

Unfortunately we do not offer BCC 3 any more - once we revved the product from BCC 3 to BCC 4 we stopped offering the BCC 3 trial version and backward compatibility, ie sharing settings from a project made with BCC 4 to BCC 3, is not something that is supported. I doubt very much that it will work actually. You should install BCC 4 on both machines in order to do what you have described. And yes, you can move a project that uses BCC filters from Macintosh over to a Windows based machine (or vice versa) and the filters should look identical, whether they were created with the trial or the full version.

I hope this helps,

Peter.

Return to posts index

jeff
by
on Apr 7, 2006 at 10:05:18 pm

That's great, thanks for the info.
I've installed the trial version of BCC3 in my avid supporting files but it's not showing up in my effect pallet?
I'm using OS 10.4.3, could this be the problem?
I've also installed BCC4 in the past could this be a problem also?

Thanks for any info,

Jeff P

Return to posts index

Peter McAuley
on Apr 7, 2006 at 10:12:40 pm

Hi Jeff,

My understand is that BCC AVX V3 is not supported on that version of Mac OSX. BCC 4 should work though - what happens when you try using BCC AVX V4?

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]