BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Stretching a track elasticly

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean EmerStretching a track elasticly
by on Apr 3, 2006 at 11:37:55 pm

I've keyframed an animation in Boris FX that lasts for 6 seconds. Basically, a group of clouds dissapates to reveal a logo. Now I want to add 10 seconds of the logo on its own after the clouds have gone away. The problem is that when I increase the duration of my timeline in Boris, it expands my animation track to cover it. How can I insert 10 seconds of blank space into my boris timeline? Or how can I elasticly compress my animation back to its original 6 second ending point? I can't just drag the last keyframe over because the animation uses multiple keyframes and dragging the last one would make the animation unproportional. Any help with this? Thanks guys.

Return to posts index

mark harveyRe: Stretching a track elasticly
by on Apr 4, 2006 at 1:37:02 am

I believe there is a setting, in fact I know there is a setting in the preferences that deals with how Borisfx (I use Red, but assume it would be the same) deals with time stretching on the timeline. Go through the prefs with a fine-comb tooth, it is there, but for the lofe of me I can't remember what it is called....ok, I may have remembered, I think that it is called "KEEP KEYFRAME TIME"
Enable this option before adjusting project length, then simply change project length and copy and paste last keyframe.

Regards

Mark

Return to posts index

Tim RiceRe: Stretching a track elasticly
by on Apr 4, 2006 at 8:49:34 pm

Keep keyframe time is in the general tab of the preferences window in general options section...
Tim

Return to posts index

Mark HarveyRe: Stretching a track elasticly
by on Apr 5, 2006 at 12:59:53 am

Thanks Tim.

Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]