BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC Light Effects

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason ShepardBCC Light Effects
by on Feb 23, 2006 at 7:39:57 pm

Running 4 Avid MCA v.2.1.8 on a Unity. Having some issues with a few Bois BCC Light effects not rendering and slowing everything down. Boris tells me it is because out vid boards are not adequate. Using NIVIDEA Quadro4 980XGL. Can anyone tell me if this might be the case?
Never had an issue with plug in or Boris before.

Return to posts index

EditzRe: BCC Light Effects
by on Feb 24, 2006 at 7:00:12 am

I'm running MCA 2.1.1, nvidia 980 and Continuum v3 without problems. I'd suspect that going forward these cards will be on the low end for acceptable performance.

Return to posts index

Jason ShepardRe: BCC Light Effects
by on Feb 24, 2006 at 1:29:22 pm

Thanks Editz.

So no problems with BCC Glare, BCC Glint, BCC Glitter, BCC Lens Flare? Those are the particular ones giving issue.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Dirk de JongRe: BCC Light Effects
by on Feb 24, 2006 at 9:21:02 pm

It sounds like it might have to do with how you have the NVIDIA CP configured. The filters you mentioned are the ones that do OGL rendering and there is a known issue where dual monitor setups can see very slow performance with those filters depending on how the NVIDIA CP is set. I've not run on a system with that particular video card, but if you are running 2 monitors and it resembles some others I've used, when you open the NVIDIA CP there should be a setting (maybe called nView Display ?) where you can specify Dualview, Horizontal Span, Single Monitor, or Clone, etc. You probably have it set to Dual View - with the problem I'm thinking of, if you either change it to Horizontal Span (which you might consider undesirable since the Task bar spans both monitors etc.) OR set HW Acceleration to Single Monitor mode (which is probably the preferable solution and what Avid recommends anyway) then the problem should go away. Maybe that's it - worth checking...

Return to posts index

EditzRe: BCC Light Effects
by on Feb 25, 2006 at 7:09:09 am

Yes, my 980 is set both to DualView and Single Display Mode for multi-display hardware acceleration and no I don't have problems with lens flare.

Return to posts index

James MurphyRe: BCC Light Effects
by on Mar 9, 2006 at 4:07:43 pm

The problem I had with BCC slow down was also related to setting the card to Single Monitor Mode. That did the trick with BCC and Marquee. Marquee would take 5-8 seconds to render a preview of one frame when doing graphics with light and extrusion. After setting to Single Monitor Mode, preview render of one frame was under 1 sec. Do you see anything similar with Marquee when you work with Light enabled and extrusion on a text, so as to make it 3D?

Return to posts index

jason shepardRe: BCC Light Effects
by on Mar 9, 2006 at 4:24:18 pm

Thanks James. it was the NIVDIA setting and we are good to go.

Not using Marquee much, but will see if the render times have improved.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved