BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Transparency problem in BorisFX & Premiere Pro 2 ?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael
Transparency problem in BorisFX & Premiere Pro 2 ?
on Feb 16, 2006 at 6:03:49 pm

I cannot see my background

Return to posts index

Mark Harvey
Re: Transparency problem in BorisFX & Premiere Pro 2 ?
on Feb 16, 2006 at 6:54:17 pm

Ok Michael....I,m going to try and understand...I own Premiere Pro 2, but to be honest I use Avid Liquid (Personal taste)....So I have never used Borisfx inside of Premiere Pro..That said, there are some basics that exist throughout the non-linear plug-in world where Boris is involved.....NLEs do not pass Alpha info along to Borisfx....so, if your transition uses anything that has created an alpha (DVE move in NLE, keyed or composited logo in NLE), that info will not make it Boris. To get the alpha info to Boris, that file needs to be taken directly from the hard drive and into Borisfx.

I'm not sure if this is what is going on....OpenGL is only for preview acceleration inside Borisfx, changing its settings will have no change on render.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Return to posts index

Michael
on Feb 16, 2006 at 11:57:58 pm

Hi Mark,
Thanks for your reply.
Actually, I have the exact opposite problem. I need Boris FX to be transparent inside Premiere. When I was using Premiere 1.51 I could see

Return to posts index

mark harvey
on Feb 17, 2006 at 12:10:19 am

But is it the background that is not transparent, or rather something that Boris is creating that is not transparent...Please explain to me what is not transparent in more detail, from there I should be able to help.

Mark

Return to posts index

Michael
on Feb 21, 2006 at 1:05:56 pm

Thanks Mark,
Normally, what I lack in competence I compensate for in tenacity & endurance. After blowing through Philip Hodgetts Red Training DVD & even installing the

Return to posts index

Mark Harvey
on Feb 22, 2006 at 3:30:12 pm

It does help explain the problem better...thank you. But sorry to say, I am stumped.

Return to posts index

Michael
on Feb 25, 2006 at 2:27:37 am

Hi Mark,
I would like to sincerely thank you for the effort you put into solving the problem.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]